Wednesday, April 11, 2012

family reunion dress complete

I actually finished the Easter dress in time to wear on Easter--a miracle!  I only had the pattern and fabric since January.  I believe I built this dress up a little too much--hence the procrastination.  Lydia loved trying it on and I loved how it looked.  Next time around I will be a little better about fabric selection.  The cute details that I worked hard to perfect were lost in the busy print.

I chose simple matte black buttons for the front and back of the dress.

Slightly gathered sleeves helped when matching the sleeve to the underarm seam.

I used a pale blue polkadot contrast hem

Unfortunately, Lydia never holds still for more than a second right now and this is the only picture that I have on my phone of her in the dress.  I think this is before I even sewed all the buttons on the back.  I apologize for the terrible grainy quality but I really think the socks and undershirt add to the ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment