Tuesday, October 9, 2012

KCWC Day Two: Flashback Skinny Tee Dress


This little dress marks a bit of a milestone for me.  I haven't really embarked on the path of changing patterns very much.  Although this is a very simple change--I have to admit I am rather amazed that the image that was in my head is now a physical reality.  Pretty cool.

I wanted one of those super cool American Apparel dresses that are like $20 for a simple knit dress.  I love the way this turned out and it probably cost less than $5 to make.  I simply added two rectangles to the bottom of a shortened bodice.  I used the ever popular shirring technique to gather the skirt and give it lots of stretch for comfort.  The neckband probably needs to be redone as it didn't turn out quite right.  

I am excited to see just how many other types of garment I can make out of the Flashback Skinny Tee pattern!
  
I am working on a Sailboat Top by Oliver + S right now and it is almost done.  More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment